A sight of a mug of hot tea is always a welcome gateway to your happiness. The blissful and deep flavours of a hot beverage help you feel better in no time.
Mushroom tea is one such beverage that has the power to make you feel that way.
Tea is an elegant way to add fuel in your life using mushrooms. The tea enthusiasts all over the world, including the Greek, Romans, Japanese, and Chinese, found many reasons to enjoy the cool effects of mushroom tea.
Several special herbal mushroom blends found in traditional medicine are recognised as “the elixir of life.”
Beauty lies in the art of making tea. Find out the best way to make mushroom tea with this in-depth guide.
Raw Mushroom Tea
With this method, you’ll make a tea using raw mushroom truffles. The result offers the finest tea, allowing you to enjoy a rich trip of the senses. It is very easy to make and can be called as an effective one in terms of its impact and flavor.
You also have the choice to tailor-make your tea by adding any other ingredients you want to enjoy some elevated flavor and enjoy good benefits. For example, using ashwagandha can help you elevate your experience.
Let’s check the steps involved:
- 1st Step – You need to find a good quality mushroom from any trusted vendor, along with the right weight, which is based as per the desired dosage.
- 2nd Step – You should cut the shrooms into small pieces (check out the best mushroom knife to use), then place them inside a teapot. While doing this, you need to make sure to keep the surface area of the mushrooms small in size – just to boost up the exposure to the water. This will help in blending the healthy components of the mushroom smoothly in the tea.
- 3rd Step – You now have to add two teaspoons of lemon juice to the mushrooms and water, and then allow them to sit for no less than ten minutes.
- 4th Step – Now, boil some water in a pan and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Then you need to pour the hot water into the pot which contains the mushroom. Allow the mixture to steep for around 20 minutes.
- 5th Step – Finally, add some honey to the tea, and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
This way, you end up getting the best mushroom tea.
Powdered Mushroom Tea
One of the best ways of making amazing tea is by using raw shrooms to get a fresh brew of mushroom tea. For this recipe, you can even use ground mushrooms for some great tea.
- 1st Step – Weigh the right dosage of high-quality mushrooms and then air dry them
- 2nd Step – In the next step, you need to place them over your coffee grinder/herb grinder and grind them into a fine powder.
- 3rd Step – Add two spoons of lemon juice along with some ginger into the mushroom powder.
- 4th Step – You now have to pour hot water, but not actively boiling, into the mushroom mixture and stir it thoroughly.
- 5th Step – Allow the tea steep for around 20 minutes before you consume.
One of the effective tips for making this tea is to use dry powder, which can be prepared at home without any hassle. You can use it to add an edge to its taste by using it with mushroom tea powder.
You can even add ginger powder, along with mushroom powder, with any herbal mixture of your choice, and then allow the tea to brew as per your taste. However, do keep in mind to dry the mushrooms completely before you prepare the said powder. This will help in boosting up the shelf life of the tea.
Download this cheat sheet to optimize underperforming posts on your website.
Simple Shroom Tea
The following are the steps to make a simple shroom tea. Let’s check out the recipe.
- 1st Step: Weigh the proper amount of mushrooms. In case you don’t have a scale, getting one to use as measurement is the key. There is nothing worse than having less or more quantity of the shrooms than you need to get.
- 2nd Step – Now, grind the measured quantity of mushrooms into a powder. You can use a good cannabis grinder or coffee grinder for this.
- 3rd Step – Chop up your preferred amount of ginger and mix it in with the mushroom powder.
- 4th Step – Pour some hot water into the mushroom and ginger mixture.
- 5th Step – Allow the mixture to steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 6th Step – Add honey as per your taste so you can enjoy.
If you want to address nausea, strain out mushroom bits with the help of strainer and then consume the tea.
In the end, you can make your magic mushrooms in a tea that can help in changing the experience and then make the consumption a little simpler on your taste buds along with the digestive system.
But at the same time, you need to be prepared to come out on a faster and stronger way rather than eating raw mushrooms. Lastly, do not forget that for the safest psilocybin mushroom journeys, do keep in mind to use the practices in considerations as per the guide.
Magic Mushroom Tea
With the popularity of magic mushroom consumption, we can also see magic mushroom tea becoming a common quest among people. There are several experts who vouch for this tea, as it can help in giving many benefits, including busting the stress and giving the relaxing effects.
Thanks to the deep zest and rich aroma, it makes a blessing with a perfect aroma for people who love to drink tea. Today one can find several fanatics consuming tea, which has made it a trend. Now, let’s check the way one can make the magic mushroom tea in the following paragraphs:
First things first, let’s check the ingredients. You need the following to make a magic mushroom tea:
- 3.5 to 5 grams of Psilocybin Mushroom
- 340-400 ml of Water
- Lemon Juice, Honey, and Ginger slices, which are optional
In order to make the magic tea, you can try the following steps:
- 1st Step – Take a saucepan and one one cup of water, allowing it to boil.
- 2nd Step – Now, you need to break the mushroom pieces making them small so as to get them grounded. Now, you need to add the same with hot water.
- 3rd Step – Add and stir the tea bag in a cup and allow it steep for around 15 minutes.
- 4th Step – Now start adding lemon juice along with fresh pieces of ginger along with honey with a cup of boiling water.
- 5th Step – With a saucepan, start brewing the two cups of mixtures and allow it steep for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- 6th Step – Now stain with the help of a thin sieve behind different types of remnants.
Now, with these steps, you end up making your magic tea. Time to start serving and enjoying it!
Chaga Mushroom Tea
The next popular mushroom tea to try is the Chaga Mushroom tea. These types of mushrooms are more useful for medicinal purposes as they are rich in antioxidants beta-glucans. Their extracts are considered promising for treating several types of cancers.
One such way to reap the medicinal benefits is to consume the Chaga Mushroom Tea. This type of tea is often consumed unsweetened, and you can even consume it as an iced tea.
This can be done by refrigerating the brewed tea for around 2 to 3 hours. Let’s check the way in which Chaga mushroom tea can be made, which can be done with great ease in your kitchen!
First things first, let’s check out the ingredients listed below:
- 1-inch Chaga Chunk Piece or Chaga Tea Bag
- 2 cups of Hot Water
- Cinnamon and Honey can be optional. You can add for your own taste.
Chaga Tea Preparation Method
In order to make the Chaga Mushroom tea, you can try the following steps:
- 1st Step – For preparing this tea, the first thing you need to do is to add 2 cups of water to your saucepan. For the teabag option, you can think of adding water equal to the capacity of your cup. Now you need to heat the water up to the temperature of 140-160 F.
- 2nd Step – You are now required to break up the Chaga into cubes, making them into small pieces using a knife. Do keep in mind to break these pieces into small and fine chunks in order to find the best taste along with reaping the benefits.
- 3rd Step – While using a tea bag, you need to steep the Chaga in hot water for no less than 5-7 minutes or more. This will help in getting a stronger flavour out of the tea. In case you have chosen Chaga chunks, you can think of steeping the same in the hot water for not less than an hour till you see the colour changing to reddish brown.
- If you want a bitter taste with a potent tea, then consider steeping for around a few hours in order to get a high-end dark-colored cup of tea. The Chaga Mushroom tea is known to give a mild taste, hence adding a small pinch of cinnamon and honey can help you in getting a good taste.
Now, it’s time now to serve and enjoy the tea.
Reishi Mushroom Tea
Reishi Mushroom or Lingzhi Mushrooms are popular types of mushrooms, which are known for their antioxidant richness, along with having WBC (white blood cell) boosting features. It is popular for features like the earthy tastes along with bitter zest. This tea is often consumed with a few marjoram leaves and dried flowers like peppermint, chamomile, and rosemary to name a few, along with almond milk and sweetener.
Before you read the preparation steps, check out the ingredients below:
- 10 Fine Slices of Lingzhi/Reishi Mushrooms
- 8-10 Marjoram Leaves or Marjoram Oil (5 drops)
- 8 Ounces of Hot Water
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Lemon Juice
Reishi Tea Preparation
The following steps can help you prepare some delicious Reishi mushroom tea:
- 1st Step – Add 8 ounces of water to a saucepan or kettle and allow it to heat till it starts to boil.
- 2nd Step – Take the Reishi mushrooms and cut them into fine pieces. Put them into your saucepan.
- 3rd Step – You should reduce the flames and add two tablespoons of honey, oil, almond milk, and marjoram leaves.
- 4th Step – Now, let the infusion steep for the next 5 to 10 minutes to get to your desired flavor.
- 5th Step – Stir the tea until you smell a fresh kind of aroma, then add the lemon juice.
Now, serve and enjoy!
Types of Mushrooms
Mushrooms come in many different types, and so do the teas. Find out some of the most common types of mushroom below:
Chaga – This kind of mushroom grows on trees, like the birch in northern climates. These are called clinker polypore, and the changa looks like clumps of dirt or burnt charcoal with a few orange areas.
These mushrooms are often used as a folk solution to health issues in Northern Europe.
Lion’s mane – The next is Lion’s mane, which is round and fluffy like its namesake, having a white or golden color. These are often used like a food and medicine for a wide range of ailments in Asian nations like India, Korea and China.
Reishi – This mushroom is seen growing on various decaying trees and wood. At the same time, it is also called the lingzhi mushroom. These can be found in different colors, with red being the most common. These mushrooms are more popular in Japan and China. They are used to treat issues like high blood pressure, fighting cancer, and arthritis.
Health Benefits of Mushroom Tea
There are several benefits of mushroom tea, which is the key reason why this tea is consumed for centuries as a traditional medicine. Let’s check out some of the key benefits of these teas below:
- Chaga Mushroom: This tea helps in boosting up the immune system and has the potential of even destroying the cancer cells. It gives the purported mental boost along with adding several sugar reducing effects. The tea from Chaga mushroom can be known for its effectiveness and safety.
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom Tea: The Lion’s mane is beneficial in many ways. These include helping in getting good brain health as many studies support the claim of preventing the damage to neurons, which are caused by beta amyloid plaques, which are often seen in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reishi Mushroom Tea – There are several studies when it comes to health benefits, giving several mixed results. There are several research studies that suggest that this tea can help in reducing the cholesterol, blood sugar, along with even helping in treating cancer patients.
It’s also suggested that cancer patients getting treatment like chemotherapy or radiation can have their pain reduced after drinking mushroom tea. Most of the time, people do not face any side effects, while others can face issues like nausea and insomnia.
There are several other health benefits one can reap with drinking mushroom tea in general, which include the following:
- Boosts Immunity
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Possesses Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Combating Cancer
- Reduces Blood Pressure, Sugar and Cholesterol
- Proves as an anti-aging agent keeping your skin glowing
- Adds energy to the body
- Healthy Alternative to Caffeine
In this way, you have several health benefits to reap as far as consuming different types of mushroom tea is concerned.
Risks Associated With Mushroom Tea
Most mushrooms used for making tea, being natural ingredients, are not often harmful. However, one can find some issues with them. For instance, the chaga mushroom is rich in oxalates and compounds, which can reduce the capacity of nutrient absorption.
This could damage your kidneys to some extent, but only if taken in excessive amounts. If you are consuming any supplement, herbs, or on a medication, it can hamper their effects by interacting with them. It is recommended to discuss with your doctor and then consume the mushroom tea when you take an herb or supplement.
Today, we find tea fanatics making tea from just about anything, which certainly include the different types of mushrooms. Different types of mushrooms have different flavors and health benefits.
If you want to know the best way to make mushroom tea, use some of the methods above to make some delicious and healthy beverages.
Enjoy one and all!
Download this cheat sheet to optimize underperforming posts on your website.